Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with MEP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
l00k1
3429 Views, 3 Replies

Struggling with MEP

Hi there,

Just to start im new to Revit MEP but have some exeprience of using architecture. I am working on an existing drawing that has been created on a architecture template and wish to plan and edit the mechanical services. There are two problems that I have encountered so far..

1) when I am drawing pipe runs in the existing building they are not auto connecting (i.e drawing in bends etc) and I am able to only draw one line. This is the case if i draw anywhere else on the model etc. I have noticed if I load a new mechanical template this is not the case and it will seamlessly allow for manual pipe runs to be plotter with bends added where necessary. Is there a way to switch this feature on in an architecturall drawing? I am using the full revit package that includes all versions.

2) Whenever I try to connect ANY pipe to objects such as emmitters, boilers etc I get the error 'Revit could not find a matching Pipe Segment in "Pipe Types: Default". Please check the routing preferences of "Pipe Types: Default".'I have had a look in settings and edited the pipe fittings dimensions but there has been no result.

Any help appreciated

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: l00k1

Hello, and welcome to the DIscussion Groups!

Both of the issues you've described stem from the same cause: since you're Project was created using the Architectural Template, there were no Pipe Fitting Families loaded into the Project. Additionally, even if these Families are loaded in, each Pipe Type's Routing Preferences must be manually defined, which essentially defines the default Fitting Families that Revit will use in the listed conditions. This same concept applies to Ducts, as well.

As an immediate fix, you can open a new Project using the Mechanical Template, switch back to your Project, and use Transfer Project Standards (located on the Manage tab of the Ribbon) and select "Pipe Types" and "Duct Types", opting to overwrite any existing versions. This will not only import all of the Pipe Types, but it will also import all of the associated Pipe Fitting Families.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
l00k1
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for your extremely helpfull response, making some progress now :). Can I quickly add.. I have managed to do a pipe run in a ceiling void with use of sections etc but in 2d ceiling view the pipe is not showing above the grid even though it can be seen as doing so in section view? 

thanks again.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: l00k1

There is a number of possible causes, but I would first check the View's Discipline (should be Mechanical or Plumbing) and then double-check the View Range settings (Top & View Depth should extend above the Piping).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report