Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural in MEP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
331 Views, 2 Replies

Structural in MEP

Can i draw web trusses, etc in Revit MEp 2012? I am making a quick model and want to show some structure.

I have trusses etc but when i try to place them in the model all i get is an error message cant create this kind of element in this view in the current model.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

It appears that you cannot create Structural elements in Revit MEP 2012. However, if you have certain Families (like beams) that you want to place in the project, you can open the families and change their Category to Generic Model, and load and place them in the Project. Once placed, you can edit the Family and change the Category back and reload it back into the project. I can't say exactly how well this will work, though.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Short answer - No.

If you need structural elements you either need to obtain a copy of RST and model them in their or create the family as a generic model and use that. I think I tried Cadastrophe's idea some time ago when I had this problem and I don't think it works (although my memory could be failing me!!). Unless you really need it to be a structural element (you can still clash detect generic models but need to remember that is the category not structural framing)  I would stick to generic models.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report