Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprinkler pipe rise/drop symbols in ceiling plan

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
anhalt21
1874 Views, 1 Reply

Sprinkler pipe rise/drop symbols in ceiling plan

I'm using Revit MEP 20112 and for our Srprinkler plans we show the ceilings/diffusers/lights to help with coordination, which means we use the reflected ceiling plans in revit. Because you're looking up at the ceiling in the reflected ceiling plans, our rise/drop symbols are backwards from normal. However, both my rise and drops are showing up as the defined rise symbol. When I change my drop symbols to match what they should be, nothing changes. So when I set my rise symbol correctly my drops look like rises and there doesnt seem to be any way to change this. Any help on this issue would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asommer
in reply to: anhalt21

What I do (since the Reflected Ceiling Plan doesn't look how I want) is create a "Ceilings only" plan in RCP, and only show the ceilings.  create a separate "Floor Plan" with sprinklers, lights, etc. turned on.  place both views on a sheet.  Make sure the ceilings only plan is wireframe, so it doesn't hide anything.  It's a work-around, but it should make the pipe rise/drops show correctly.

I also have a separate "coordination" plan with everything turned on to do coordination outside of a sheet view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report