Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaghetti!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
c.era
779 Views, 2 Replies

Spaghetti!!

Does anyone have an easy way to utilize spaghetti on drawings? Can you break it where it crosses without getting homerun arrows? I want to use wires but they are not very user friendly for me - any suggestions help. I am an advocate for just putting panel and circuit info next to the device but we have people in our company that want to see spaghetti and always retort 'I CAN DO IT IN AUTOCAD!"' Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: c.era

We don't show this wiring on our drawings, but we will eventually have to show some (required by some local codes for EM lighting and such).

There seems to be a setting "Gap of Wiring Crossing" under Electrical Settings » Wiring, but I can't get the Wiring to break at all. Also, there are a number of graphical issues regarding Wiring, such as not terminating the Wire on the boundary of a Family represented by an embedded Generic Annotation. I would recommend searching this forum because there are many posts full of reports, methods, and other info regarding Wiring.

I have tagged a small number of posts: Tag "Wire"

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: CoreyDaun

The Wire Gap settings will only display if Hardware Acceleration is Enabled in the Revit Options.

As for the wires and the nested annotation symbol, this is a wish request that has already been logged.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report