Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spacing of Light Fixtures

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mwhea
2180 Views, 4 Replies

Spacing of Light Fixtures

Hey,

Has anyone figured out how to space lights in Revit so the spacing dimensions are 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 (where each number is insert of a fixture) I have uploaded a picture to try and explain what I am referring to. 

Currently to space lights correctly in a room we have to place the amount of fixtures we want along the width of the room and then measure the total width of the room and divide it by two times (2x) the amount of fixtures. So for this case we have 4 fixtures and the length of the room is 4240 so we use the calculator and input 4240/8 which equals 530 which is our (1value) then our 2 value is double 530 which is 1060.

Is there a way or any way that someone has thought of to be able to do this with something similar to the EQ command which can be seen in the 2nd picture (though this makes the spacing (1-1-1-1) and not what we are after.

Regards,

Mark 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mwhea

That would be a generic model line-based family with nested, shared, lighting fixture families. Something like this:

2-10-2014 9-24-27 PM.gif

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
mwhea
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Sorry Alfredo I am not 100% sure what you are showing me..

I understand the generic model line-based family, would this work easily with say 40 different lighting fixtures in a job?? or would you have to make this for each different type?

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mwhea

Well, you are asking for a method to distribute lighting fixtures in a certain distance, in this way. Now, if you need to do this for 40 different types of lighting fixtures, perhaps you need to create a complex family with multiples types, probably with a type catalog. Or you just make a very simple family that just puts center lines in the correct places, so that you can use those center lines as guides to place your fixtures, manually. It's up to you.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
mwhea
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks 🙂 I like the idea of the simpler line family with centre points based on parameters. Now just need to do some research on how to create such a family 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report