Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spaces with Curtain Walls

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
479 Views, 9 Replies

Spaces with Curtain Walls

Is there a reason why a space is not working properly if a room contains a curtain wall?

When a space is placed in a room bounding area, it is not taking on the entire space.

i have attached a snap shot of how the room information in the Arch file looks (blue) and after linking in the model and placing a space in the same room, the result i get is half of the room (green)

Ironically on "Humm wonder what happens if I do this". Separation lines were placed on the inside of the curtain walls and now my result is exactly like the Arch's file and I can know go in and add a Space Separation if i want to split the room up.

Is this the proper procedure as it pertains to curtain walls with Spaces?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
philbert6696
in reply to: Anonymous

I've encountered similar mysteries. Deleting and re-adding the space sometimes helped.

Why do you suspect the curtain wall is to blame? I had issues with curtain walls too because the architect had a gap between the floor and the curtain wall. But since the arch model is showing that area as room bounding, that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Is your architecture link set to be room bounding? Presumably so since the other walls are coming in.

The real question is why the space is getting clipped mid room like that...
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Not sure. The rooms are bounding. I did try to delete the space and replace it but it did the same thing. Not sure why it caused it. But after placing the room separation line on the inside of the curtain wall, it worked. This happened again in another area in this model. It was a library and had a curtain wall. As soon as we drew a room separation line, it read the linked model and allowed us to place a space. I logged it to Autodesk and have yet to hear back!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I have had odd issues with unenclosed "rooms" (21 patient treatment areas, separated by a partial 2 foot wall and an actual curtain). I had separated each patient exam area individually, then add the final corridor room and number. When I went to my electrical model, I couldn't pick up the separated rooms at all.

You can, however, separate the spaces as you have stated. It is also what I needed to do. VERY tedious... and my space tag didn't pick up the patient area names or numbers.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Did you use separation lines in the Arch model to separate these rooms. If so, another problem I am having is, when in the MEP model it is not seeing everyone of the separation lines the architect put in. The separations placed in on one floor is fine, but the second floor is not picking them up.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I placed the room, then used the room separation tool.

Funny, it worked on the floor below also. Perhaps this is a bug?

It also says the rooms are Not Occupied for the 2nd floor. Message was edited by: sschwartz
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

See attached example. They are reading the rooms, but when I go to place a space, no luck.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

This is exactly what is happening in our model. I have logged it into Autodesk but have not heard back yet. I don't care if it is a bug, All I need is for Autodesk just to confirm so I am not wasting more time trying to trouble shoot this and find another solution. I however have not checked to see if I place a room rather than a space if it would read. I can't see how this would be true, but I am sure the code they have to write is not simple, just confirmation would be nice.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Perhaps if you paste the case number here someone can look into what is going on.
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I did that in another post in this forum. This was posted Friday June 20th. SR# 1-3885584391 - Spaces in Linked File.
If I do not hear back from them by Monday I will recontact them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report