Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Tags without spaces

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
1546 Views, 3 Replies

Space Tags without spaces

Has anybody figured out a way to either turn off or make unselectable the Spaces, but still display the Space Tags?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

If a Tag's host becomes hidden, so does the Tag. This means that you cannot hide the Spaces and still show the Space Tags.

Here are three possible methods, none of which are perfect.

#1 -  Tag the Room the Linked Model

This is what we do here. Use Room Tags (you can easily steal the Room Tag Family from a lined model) and Tag the Rooms through the Linked Model. You can leave the Spaces turned off and the Rooms from the Link shouldn't get in your way when working on MEP design.

#2 - Dedicated Workset

This will only work if Worksharing is enabled and you check-out Worksets. Create a specific Workset for the Spaces and ensure that it remains uneditable. Check the box towards the bottom right "Editable Only". The major annoyance to this method is that by pressing ESC when no commands are active or no object are selected will cause this option to revert back to default.

#3 - Overlapping Viewports

This is the most convoluted method and requires you to work from the Sheet Views via 'Activate View'. If you create a separate View for Spaces and Tags only, you can overlay that Viewport on top of the actual Floor Plan, then use EH (hide element) to make it unselectable (it will still print). If you then activate the Floor Plan View, you can see the Space Tags but cannot select them.

This is tested in Revit MEP 2013. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
dtiemeyer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you for the ideas. I think we will probably stick with just turning othem off and on as needed, unless somebody else has other thoughts.

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 4 of 4
joshf
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I've been working with spaces for over 3 years. The best way to do this is to have a modeling view and a documentation view. Put your spaces tags and other annotations that you want in here for reference. Then, on the documenation view these are turned off.

Also, you can create a space schedule and reference the architectural rooms and export an excel spreadsheet to compare.

-Josh F

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report