Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space tags in a Ceiling plan?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CarrieHoffman02
1603 Views, 3 Replies

Space tags in a Ceiling plan?

This should be a no-brainer. I want to see the space tags in my ceiling plan. I have tried copying from plan to plan because that has worked for me before, it tells me "Can't find new element to tag. Tag won't be copied." Next I try tagging all the spaces. I can see the tag until I place it. It is telling me "None of the created elements are visible in Reflected Ceiling Plan: Basement - Mechanical Ceiling Plan View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings." From here I go to VG and make sure the space tags are checked. They are. I don't know what to check for the active view or Parameters. I have un-cropped my view and still I see no space tags. Any other suggestions. I need to show these tags on this sheet.

Thanks

Carrie

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Under View Range, the Cut Plane must cut through a space in order to display a tag. If it's above or even with the top or it's below or even with the bottom, it fails to display the space entirely. If the space is not even selectable in your ceiling plan, then this may be the problem.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Awesome!! Works Great

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

The annoying part is when you come across a project that isn't a Revit ideal even-floors/even-ceiling building type, you might have to work to get the cut plane to penetrate them all or even get to play with Plan Regions! We had to do that with one of our projects. On another, we were lazy and just created a Generic Annotation to resemble the Space Tag.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report