Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Naming Utility

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
JSLIMP
1085 Views, 11 Replies

Space Naming Utility

Where its the space naming utility for revit mep 2013?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
julianjameson8403
in reply to: JSLIMP

Is it not part of the subscription add ins as per 2012?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
cwalker
in reply to: julianjameson8403

No its not.

Its not part of the 'Revit extensions for Autodesk Revit 2013' add-on download and it is not a separate download in the subcription download list.

Really need this urgently!!!

Any ideas anyone?

Ta

Message 4 of 12
dennis
in reply to: cwalker

I posed this question too, to Autodesk Developers.  They said, "It is coming, but not out yet."  They gave me no ETA.

Message 5 of 12
julianjameson8403
in reply to: dennis

Ah Dennis - you reminded me about an email last year. It wasn't until the beginning of May that they released the extensions on subscription so potentially another month or so.

As a thought - will the 2012 version not work if you place the manifest file in the 2013 folder in C:\Application Data\Autodesk\Revit\Addins as there should be some similarity between the way 2012 and 2013 use add-ins?

Thank you!
Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dennis

Since this is so widely used and fundamental, I would think it would be incorporated into the core functionality of Revit MEP by now.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 12
BRYANBRAUER1832
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am not familiar with the space naming utility.  Will it allow me to change space type and conditioning type to all uppercase?  I have a client that does not permit lower case in schedules.

Message 8 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

It only renames/numbers your Spaces to match the respective values of the associated Room. There is also no way to change the Space Types to uppercase via editing .txt file yet. And there is no formula to change a text string to uppercase yet. The only solution I can come up with is to use a font that employs all capital letters. What is your client's standard font?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 9 of 12

Depends on how the Architect has named the rooms.

You can use the Model Review add-in to set a rule to check for annotation that is not in Upper Case and then run a rule to change all the annotation to Upper Case. The Model review is a bit of a pain to get to grips with but once you get the hang of it it can have a few good uses. I have attached an example where we checked to Duct Category parameters were Upper Case and I think it changed it if not. Feel free to modify.

Thank you!
Message 10 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: julianjameson8403

its out now

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
BRYANBRAUER1832
in reply to: CoreyDaun

We use Arial for all text fonts,

Message 12 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BRYANBRAUER1832

If julianjameson8403's solution does not work out, I have created a variant of the Arial true type font called Arial CAPS (for private use). This font works well for the basic alphabet but does not support accent marks and such for lowercase characters. You have to install the font on any machine that has to view it correctly. We plot everything in-house, so it works well for us. I'm not certain that I should just post it here, so send me a PM if you wish, and I'll email the .ttf file to you.

CharMapCAPS.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report