Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space naming utility problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kevinaldo
757 Views, 5 Replies

Space naming utility problem

Using 2011 Space naming utility, but it didn't transfer the information from the arch.rvt after creating spaces. Checked arch.rvt had created room and room tag.

anyone experienced it?

thanks,

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
abulla
in reply to: kevinaldo

Is your architectural link set to "Room Bounding"?

Message 3 of 6
kevinaldo
in reply to: abulla

yes it is; am able to create space but arch room names/numbers would not transfer by using space naming utility

Message 4 of 6
abulla
in reply to: kevinaldo

I've run into this problem before too, everything seems to be set up correctly, but the Space Naming just won't work. Still haven't figured out a solution.

Message 5 of 6
terilw

We're currently having a similar problem with the Space Naming Utility. Spaces are being placed, no problem. However, when we run the utility "some" of the Spaces are getting the names and numbers pulled correctly.

I have a suspicion that our particular problem is caused the the Architect's varied use of Key Schedules for their rooms. They have two "Room Styles" available to choose from, although only one of them is actually used. The other is populated with 4 of the rooms, but not the rest. I can't see how to get rid of the un-used Room Style, so can't fully test that theory.

Message 6 of 6
kevinaldo

Problem solved.

Went to Phases of our arch.rvt, it was "Complete" of New Construction and changed to "New", room names and numbers transferred.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report