Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space naming Design Option 2

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CarrieHoffman02
542 Views, 2 Replies

Space naming Design Option 2

The project I am working on has a first floor and basement. I ran the space naming utiliy to rename all my spaces to match the rooms of the architectural model. The first floor worked perfectly like always. The basement did not. After investigating this matter I have found that the rooms in the basement are in Design Option 2. The rooms on the first floor are in the main model. How can I copy the names for the basement or is it possible to change the basement rooms to the main model? I can do it manually but it would take some time.

Thanks

Carrie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

The problem does not lie with the Space Naming Utility. Even though Rooms may belong to a Design Option, HVAC Spaces CANNOT. If you select one of your Spaces that's in the same location as one of the Design Option Rooms, you'll see (in Properties) that the Space is not actually associated with the Room.

We had to deal with an alternate wing in which the Rooms were on a Design Option. Each time we received an update (arch sent us a model weekly), we opened the Arch Model for our standard purging ritual prior to linking it into ours. We also selected all of the Rooms that were part of the Design Option and the Cut and Pasted them Aligned to Same Place. This effectively 'transferred' the Rooms to the Main Model.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I just couldn't figure out how to get the rooms out of design option 2. Copy and paste sounded too easy. Thanks So much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report