Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space heights

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jschulz
265 Views, 2 Replies

Space heights

Is there a way to get the spaces to go from floor to floor/roof.
I want to include the area above the ceiling in my space. Currently when I create the space, the space stops at the ceiling height. When I export the gbxlm file the exterior walls only go up to the ceiling which is wrong for what I want it to do. I am using Trane Trace.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.jackson
in reply to: jschulz

the ceiling is room bounding so what you need to do is turn off room bounding on the ceilings. I did this project wide so i just highlighted the ceiling, selected all instances (or filtered i don't remember) but then you can go to the properties and uncheck room bounding.

-
aj
Message 3 of 3
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: jschulz

Ceilings are by default "Bounding Elements", so Spaces will stop at the Ceiling no matter what the Upper Limit parameter is set to for the Space.

If you are not looking to have separate Spaces for your plenums, then the easiest process is to adjust the Bounding status of the Ceilings in the Architectural model. Here's how you do it.

* Open the Architectural Model.
* Open, or create if needed, a 3D view that contains the entire building.
* Switch to the Wireframe Model Graphics Style.
* Do a crossing window to select all elements in the model.
* Filter for just the Ceiling Elements.
* Alt+Enter to go to Element Properties.
* Uncheck the "Room Bounding" Parameter.

When you re-load the MEP model, the Space Geometry should not react to the Ceiling Elements. Now if you get a new copy of the Architect's model, you will need to re-do this process, but it is still the path of least resistance to accomplish the task.

A handy way to validate this is to use the Heating and Cooling Loads dialog, as this allows for the visualization of the Space geometry.

Hope that Helps,
Kyle B
Revit MEP Product Manager
inside-the-system.typepad.com

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report