Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snaps in RMEP 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dtiemeyer
309 Views, 1 Reply

Snaps in RMEP 2013

When I enter 9 degrees for my snap angle, and I begin to draw a duct the duct will 'stick' to the 9 mark until I move too far away from it. I would like this to also happen at 49.5 degrees, but even though the Snap dialog box shows many decimal places, the software will not 'stick' in at any number with a half degree increment. Also, if I use 12.5 degrees it will stop at 7.5 and 20, but not actually at 12.5 (as measured from 0 as 'East).

Is there a setting somewhere else I need to change to fix this?

Is there any guidance on the 'logic' behind this?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I was able to set my snap angle to 22.5° and it was working for the most part - until Revit crashed on me twice after drawing a few segments of duct. Check your Project Units and make sure that 'Angle' is set to at least one decimal point of tolerance.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report