Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chunky2k
485 Views, 3 Replies

Slow drawing

dear all

i posted this problem in API but no answer, seems there are not alot of visitors there

i have an drawing on MEP

when i open it it takes time to load, but my main problem when i zoon in, suddenly it freezes  and the loading bar at the bottom starts to move slowly 19% 22% then freezes for a min or 2 then work, and it is very slow from that moment

i opened the Archi drawing, no problem, but it seems the MEP problem only

i dont want to Purge as am still working and i dont want to lose the items inside as i might use it

i also opend the 3 packups but still same problem

it was working great few days ago and i didnt install / update anything

can someone help me with that ?

P.S : i have 12 GB Ram so i dont think it is ram problem

but i noticed this happend today (never happend before) when i only open the MEP drawing, the ram

jumps direclty to 1 or 2 GB just when it opens, usually it take 600 MB when opening only without touching the drawing

regards

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: chunky2k

My initial suggestion is to toggle 'Hardware Acceleration' under Options. Aside from that, perhaps this is an issue regarding your Graphics Card and a possible update.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
pardeepkumar536
in reply to: chunky2k

You can also try with opening the worksets which are required only.

Also, till you are not performing any calcuation in Revit, uncheck the "Run Calculation for Loads in space' in Electrical Settings and can also use 'Area Only' for Volume calculation in Rooms and Area Compuation.

Message 4 of 4
chunky2k
in reply to: CoreyDaun

i did the graphic card update and the problem is solved

Thanks a lot

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report