Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Size Lookup Funciton

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
william.nitsche
3161 Views, 4 Replies

Size Lookup Funciton

Hi there, 

I have downloaded a Victaulic Flange Adapter component and when trying to change the size with-in the Revit model, a warning message appears saying, "Size Lookup Table is not available for type Victaulic-IPS-Vic-Flange Adapter-Style741: Standard". 

I have put all the supporting files in the same folder and opened it through the current project I am working on. I'm not sure what to do. Any advice?

Thank you for your time, 

- Bil

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: william.nitsche

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Are you using Revit 2014? The Lookup Table structure has changed from previous versions, and the table is now stored in the Family file itself. I believe that you may have to directly open and save the Family file to upgrade it to Revit 2014 format* so that it picks up the table. Try this and please let us know if that solves the issue.

*WARNING - once any Revit file is upgraded to a newer version, it CANNOT be saved back. Be sure to create a backup, just in case.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
william.nitsche
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey, 

Yes I am using Revit 2014. I just tried opening the Family file,then saved the family. upon opening this new family file in the project I am designing, it did the same thing. The size lookup table is not available for that type. 

It will change the data part, but will not change the actualy model size. 

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: william.nitsche

Open up the Family file and make sure that the proper Lookup Table was included when the Family was upgraded. Open the 'Family Types' dialog (the button with the four blue squares) and click "Manage..." under 'Lookup Tables' on the right. Does the following dialog list the correct Lookup Table? Also, there may be some nested Families that have either own Lookup Tables that may have to be checked, as well.

If you run into any issues or just can't get it to work, please attach the Family File and the associated Lookup Table(s) to your post so we can investigate.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
william.nitsche
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That worked. Thank you very much!

William Ray Nitsche

Project Engineer

Snell Services, Inc.

2220 W. Front Street

P.O. Box 629

North Platte, NE 69103

O - 308.532.6870 - Ext. 36

F - 308.534.0804

William.nitsche@snellservices.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report