Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
242 Views, 4 Replies

Site

Hi

Site functions are described in RVT MEPs helpfile, but there is no "Site" on
the Designbar...
Either the helpfile is wrong or we have to reinstall or something.
Does anyone know about this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sorry to tell you, but the help file is most likely wrong.

Autodesk has taken a conscious decision to remove select tools from each of the Revit programs. These tools are actually there in the program you are using, it's just that they have been deliberately hidden.
It's their way of telling you that you are an engineer and you shouldn't be bothered with anything outside of your field.
But their logic is flawed, as there are times when we need certain missing tools to complete what we need to do.

Should you still require these handful of missing tools, you are to purchase another Revit at full cost.

Revit used to be a single program, until Autodesk got a hold of it and split the development up into different fields. It should be a whole program again as it once was.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

cgsmith wrote:
> I'm sorry to tell you, but the help file is most likely wrong.
>
> Autodesk has taken a conscious decision to remove select tools from each of the Revit programs. These tools are actually there in the program you are using, it's just that they have been deliberately hidden.
> It's their way of telling you that you are an engineer and you shouldn't be bothered with anything outside of your field.
> But their logic is flawed, as there are times when we need certain missing tools to complete what we need to do.
>
> Should you still require these handful of missing tools, you are to purchase another Revit at full cost.
>
> Revit used to be a single program, until Autodesk got a hold of it and split the development up into different fields. It should be a whole program again as it once was.

I sense some bitterness. I would agree some site tools in MEP would be
nice. However if it was one whole program, you would have Architects
thinking they know how to create mechanical and electrical systems and
and running structural analysis and not having a clue. Not to mention
the program would likely become more like CAD, to bulking and confusing
for the average user. I could go on and on with reasons why it's better
to have separate programs.

It's best to be split up, will benefit everyone down the road.

Bill
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks

Really appreciate the answer.

/HD

skrev i melding news:5859343@discussion.autodesk.com...
I'm sorry to tell you, but the help file is most likely wrong.

Autodesk has taken a conscious decision to remove select tools from each of
the Revit programs. These tools are actually there in the program you are
using, it's just that they have been deliberately hidden.
It's their way of telling you that you are an engineer and you shouldn't be
bothered with anything outside of your field.
But their logic is flawed, as there are times when we need certain missing
tools to complete what we need to do.

Should you still require these handful of missing tools, you are to purchase
another Revit at full cost.

Revit used to be a single program, until Autodesk got a hold of it and split
the development up into different fields. It should be a whole program again
as it once was.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

It certainly doesn't help us.

We are a multi-disciplinary company, where we have one user per project. Each user has to document the architectural design, structure (steel and footings), landscaping, plumbing (stormwater and sewerage) and show/allow for (note, not design) air-conditioning.

It's impractical to think we should be running all 3 programs, and to be expected to keep jumping between them.

We bought in when it was just Revit, and our wishes for future tools have now been shafted off to other programs. Yeah, you could say I am a bit bitter, but can you blame me when our investment into this new technology has been reduced when development we had been expecting/wishing for in Revit is now moved to other programs.

Autodesk has screwed over their early adoptors of Revit for the sake of making a handfull of extra cash. Message was edited by: cgsmith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report