Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single line rise drop symbol

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
CVMN0501
3245 Views, 3 Replies

Single line rise drop symbol

I've got this particular problem and i hope somebody could help or give answers. The view range is set to show services below the associated level since it is a drainage drawing, top = 1500, cut plane = 1500, bottom = -1500, but we needed to show high level services located above the associated level, a plan region was made to control the view range in areas needed, the setting for the plan region is top = 0 level above, cut plane = 3000 associated level, bottom = -1500 associated level. The problem is, rise symbol was used where it should be a drop symbol, like it was following the cut plane of the view not the plan region.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: CVMN0501

View range can be a tricky thing. In order for the pipe symbold to show as a rise, the top of the pipe must extend beyond the top view range. Notice in my picture that the pipe continues up to 16 feet, and only the segment that crosses the top view range shows as a pipe rise.

View_range 1.pngView_range 2.png

Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CVMN0501

It should also be noted that Plan Regions have been notorious for not working properly with MEP elements, namely Pipes and Pipe Fittings, so if you ultimately cannot get it to display correctly you make have to create that as a separate View and overlay that Viewport on top of the primary Viewport on the Sheet View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
CVMN0501
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Well that worked. Hell of a work-around. They should fix that Plan Region for good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report