Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutting off Calcs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
541 Views, 1 Reply

Shutting off Calcs

I have read in other threads that there is a way to shut off Calculations for Pipe. Is this true? Does anyone actually use this or is this an added selling point of REVIT that slows things down & does not work? By the way I am in 2014.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes with Revit 2015 is possible to assign a Piping System's (and Duct) Calculations parameter to either: All, Flow Only, None, or Performance (as of Update Release 3). Using a specific setting helps Revit pay attention to connected elements that we are concerned about calculations for and ignore any that we are not, or that Revit can't actually calculate meaningful flow or sizing data for yet, such as Sanitary piping...it only calculates flow, not sizing yet.

The new Performance setting is intended to improve Revit's performance while you are editing large connected MEP networks. It will also disable Duct/Pipe sizing for the system it is assigned for... READ MORE at Autodesk's Help

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report