Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing unplaced light fixtures in fixture schedule?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
corey_schiller
820 Views, 3 Replies

Showing unplaced light fixtures in fixture schedule?

Is there a way to include light fixture familes in a fixture schedule, which are loaded into the project, but not actually placed in the model?

Eventually all the fixtures will either be placed or purged from the schedule, but for an early release package we would like to print a full schedule.  Is there any trick or workaround for this, besides placing the missing fixtures and then hiding them?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: corey_schiller

My answer would be no.

Depending on the project I have employed two different solutions for these kind of problems depenidng on the foreseen workflow.

1) Make a dummy family (simple box or something) of the families with all needed parameters. Inlcude a quantity paramter in those families.

Then you can schedule it with the right quantity.

2) Created a Phase, named "Components". In that phase put all the families in the right amount and make a schedule of it.

The family is created and demolished in that phase to prevent it to show up in later phases.

When developing the project I can move the items from this phase to the proper phase to make them appear in the right phase of the project.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
corey_schiller
in reply to: L.Maas

I didn't even think of using another (hidden) phase, that's a great idea.

The framework for most of the family content is already in place to create generic types from, 2x4, downlight, wall mount, etc, we just don't have exact submittals to fill in the details.
Message 4 of 4
jkarben
in reply to: corey_schiller

You could also create a "Warehouse" view to place fixtures so that they schedules. This view can be somewhere high, low, or off to the side of the project's standard views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report