Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing different types in family editor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
M.Maarleveld
673 Views, 2 Replies

Showing different types in family editor

Hello!

I am working with Revit MEP for a while now and I am now starting to creating some more difficult families and I have a problem with family types. I created a lot of types within one family and I want to edit just one type... how can I just make one type visible in the family editor?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: M.Maarleveld

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Well, in the Family Editor, you can determine the current Family Type by using that pull-down at the top of the 'Family Types' dialog, which is captured in your attached image "types2".

If the array of checkboxes displayed in your image "types" control the visibility of elements within the Family, then know that those elements will not truly "turn off" while in the Family Editor, but rather they will turn gray. If this is not the case or I have misunderstood, can you please attach the Family File so we can take a peek?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
M.Maarleveld
in reply to: CoreyDaun

that was the case, Thank you!

I could not distinguish the black and gray from each other with all the types on the same place. Due to company policy I can't send any Revit family's. I've given the active a different color so I can distinguish them better.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report