Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show pipe not floor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mmcmurphy
927 Views, 4 Replies

show pipe not floor

Hello All,

I would like to know if there is a way to show underfloor piping without showing anything else from the floor below.

For example: Create a second floor sheet showing second floor plumbing fixtures and only show the sanitary lines serving the second floor that is located in the first floor ceiling without showing other items from the first floor. 

Thanks,

Murph

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: mmcmurphy

1) You could try using the Plan Region, but it is rather buggy with MEP.

-or-

2) Set the ViewRange/Bottom and ViewDepth to the same value to include the Sanitary pipe below the floor you are on, then TAB select the objects to hide, right-click HideInView.

Message 3 of 5
mmcmurphy
in reply to: dennis

This is a good idea however it will take for ever to tab select hide in view by element, (if I do by catagory all my second floor walls hide also), I was wondering if there was a faster way, can you explain plan region to me? -- * Michael McMurphy * *"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." **-Albert Einstein-*
Message 4 of 5
RKLindner

Look through past messages on showing 2 views on a plot sheet.  Basic intent is to show the upper plan with the architectural walls and piping on and turning the architectural link off in the lower plan (thus turning the walls off on the floor below) and only showing the piping.

Message 5 of 5
sforsberg215

sounds like you should create (2) two seperate views w/ the VG set the way in each the way you want. Then drag them onto the sheet that you want.

I seperate domestic water from sanitary piping this way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report