Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should be simple...Revit Text

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CarrieHoffman02
424 Views, 5 Replies

Should be simple...Revit Text

I have a plain text box on my sheet with individual numbers going down the side. Each time I edit the text I have to re-align the numbers because for some reason the width of the text box changes. Any way to fix this? or do you have a better way to do this? I have tried pinning the text but then I can't edit it.

Thanks

Carrie

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

I have encountered this exact same issue. It seem as though an invisible margin on the right side of the text box repositions based upon the current zoom - absolutely ridiculous. I take steps whenever possible to avoid using these flawed text boxes. I used a keyed schedule to do General Notes and such, and that looks perfect. Well, perfect for Revit. But the note blocks that exist on every sheet are a problem. I use a method to kind of regulate this - every time after the text is edited, I zoom extents on the sheet, click into the text box again to activate it, and then click off of it. This at least keeps it somewhat consistent...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Keyed schedules sound great, but they don't work for me. When I do Keyed Notes, the number needs to have some shape (circle or octogon) around it. I do like your idea of doing a zoom extents at the end to put the text where it needs to be.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

I'm going to create a Generic Annotation family with two instance parameters for Number and Text, and see how that does for keynotes here. They will all have a consistent text length, but you won't be able to adjust it as easily.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
CarrieHoffman02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Will I be able to use that with the keyed schedules?

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun

I don't think so - keyed schedules are their own separate thing. Making a keyed schedule for every note block on every sheet would be very arduous, so I only used those with the General Notes and other similar notes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report