Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared parameters in Architect's titleblock

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mojova
227 Views, 4 Replies

shared parameters in Architect's titleblock

I was recently working with an Architect's titleblock for this our first Revit MEP project. The editable fields in the titleblock required us to download the architect's shared parameter file and load into our project. My question is, if this is indeed the way to coordinate titleblock info from Architect to us (MEP firm) then doesn't that prevent us from having our own company "standard" shared parameters file that we would load into each project that we'd have set up for our own scheduling and tagging? I'm sure that our shared parameters could be added to what the architect has sent but that seems a bit cumbersome. Am I totally missing something?

Thanks,
Mike
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: mojova

No your not, the Architect is. They should be using project parameters, not shared. You can have multiple shared parameters, but for a titleblocks sake that is not neccesary.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 5
simon.whitbread

Why would an architect not use Shared Parameters? If they need extra parameters its the best way to go.

You DO need different files though, the architect doesn't need to give you his file.

As a multi service practice, we currently have four SP files.

A common one for Views, Title sheets etc
One for each Revit (RAC, RST, RME)
Message 4 of 5
mojova

Thanks guys,

Ok, so it appears that I can load whichever SP file that I need at the moment. If I'm working with the titleblock I can load the architect's SP file make my adjustments for my sheets. Then, getting back into the model, I can load in our office SP file for our tags and schedule information.

I was a bit concerned that I might get slapped sensless by Revit if I started changing the SP file in the middle of working on the project. Anyone see any issues with this?

Mike
Message 5 of 5
simon.whitbread

Once you have actually have the Shared Parameter loaded, it doesn't matter if you change files, or loose it altogether (as you can export Shared Parameters - not a good itea though).
The reason for this is its now defined, in the project, and cannot be lost - unless someone deletes it (losing their data, and probably their job)

Simon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report