Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared coordinates - How to tell if it worked?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
723 Views, 2 Replies

Shared coordinates - How to tell if it worked?

I originally set the model up via origin to origin. Then was informed the project would start using shared coordinates.  First I acquire coordinates for the architectural linked model.  Then I turned on the base point and survey point and both architects and my model. I entered the coordinates in my model to match the architects for the base and survey.  I saw my model shift/move after entering the numbers. 

My question is , how can I tell if I have done this properly.  It looks like it is lining up with the architectural linked model but how do I know for sure? Is it just a visual check?  Is there a way to turn on a linked models base point in my model so I can compare? I thought I had done this before but now when I look in Revit links > Custom > Model Categories > Site, I do not see base point or survey. I had to open the architectural model by itself to view the coordinates.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

As long you link it Origin to Origin and Acquire the coordinates from the architectural Model (the Survey Site point) are 100% sure Aligned.

Now, For the Project Base Point, Each model have his own and it doesn't align to each other. If ever you need to align your Project Base point to the link Project Base Point, you need to open the Architectural model turn on the project base point and insert revit or an autocad symbol or model lines in X to  act as a link Project Base Point. But usually you don't need to, since you are going to copy monitor Levels creates their views and for the Grids i guess it is (Optional) and then you work on that area.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 3
Alaaeldin_Alsahli
in reply to: Anonymous

Does this answer your question, or do you have any additional information.

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report