Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the titleblock

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Revitnewbie42
592 Views, 3 Replies

Setting up the titleblock

I am trying to place the architects titleblock in my HVAC model.  Is there a way to incorporate this titleblock into my file?  Do I need to have the architect send me their actual titleblock file?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: Revitnewbie42

You can open the architect's model and open a sheet with the titleblock you want to extract. Select the titleblock and click Edit Family, make whatever changes you want to their titleblock, then load it into your model. I would do a save as also and save a copy in your library for future use.
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Revitnewbie42

If you possess a copy of the architect's model, then their Title Block Family is almost certainly loaded into it. In order to extract it, open their model¹ (Detach from Central recommended, if applicable) and either a.) locate their Title Block Family in the Project Browser (under Families » Annotation Symbols), right click on the Family Name, and click "Edit" or b.) open one of their Sheet Views, right-click their Title Block, and select "Edit Family". Once the Title Block Family is open in the Family Editor, you can load it into your Project².

¹If you have your model open and the architectural model linked in, you will have to close out of your model first.

²The architect may have included one or more Shared Parameters which will not work properly unless you have loaded these into your Project as Project Parameters that apply to the "Sheets" Category. You can export these Shared Parameters into your Shared Parameters file through the Title Block Family: select a Label that contains a Shared Parameter, click "Edit..." next to 'Label' under Properties, and in the following dialog, select a Shared Parameter from the list on the left, and then click "Edit Family Parameter" below it, and then click "Export..." in the following dialog.

If you run into any issues, don't hesitate to post!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4

Thanks, that worked!   I'm sure I'll have many more questions on how to do simple tasks in revit, so be patient with me.  I work for a small engineering firm that is just starting to get it's feet wet with Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report