Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting a different junction type in routing preferences

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
james.schillaci
3562 Views, 3 Replies

setting a different junction type in routing preferences

I am having trouble with the routing preferences. How do I get wyes to show up for the dwv pipe type. In the junction type there is only tees. In the prefered junction type there is no wye option only tee and tap.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bvm76
in reply to: james.schillaci

edit the family and make sure that the part type assigned is tee instead of wye (see attached). after changing the type, load into your project. this should now come out from the tee list.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 3 of 4
james.schillaci
in reply to: bvm76

i am not sure that if what i am trying to do matches your explanation. i want to change the routing preferences on the pipe itself to include both tees and wyes. maybe this is not possible and i have to put wyes in manually. see attached i am not sure which family you want me to modify.

Message 4 of 4
bvm76
in reply to: james.schillaci

there is no wye option under preferred junction type so select tee if you are looking to use family which are configured as wye. As an example, the image attached on my previous post is a fitting comes with revit in which the part type is wye. So in order for this fitting to be included on the list of tee's in the routing preference, you have to change part type to tee and load it.

Hope this is clear.
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report