Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seriously?! No one understands "flow mismatch" error???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wils02
742 Views, 2 Replies

Seriously?! No one understands "flow mismatch" error???

After months of searching this issue, am I to really accept that NO ONE within AUTODESK knows how to fix or even walkthrough the "flow direction mismatch" issue everyone is having?

This has got to be a joke... Someone within Autodesk has programmed this section of code to handle the assembly and connection of pipes and their systems. Someone should understand where the problem lies and how to fix it. Why has there not been a solution posted by Autodesk Revit...?

If there is someone out there who truely understands what is going on, and will NOT just point me to some irrelevant webpage, I would greatly appreciate it if they could type a few words explaining how this error comes about.

A few questions to answer would be:

1. How does the flow direction get set?

2. Do fittings and the actual pipe conflict with the flow direction, or does the direction solely depend on the equipment connectors?

There are many other questions, but I don't have enough time to type it all out. Any insight (as always) would be greatly appreciated.

Truly,

Wils02

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbutts7
in reply to: wils02

Let's start with flow direction - it's not as smart as you might think.

Normally "flow" gets assigned in the direction a pipe is drawn. If you use the auto layout tools, the flow is started at the selected equipment and moves to the target families. This also applies for ductwork.

I wrote an article about this in January 2013 that might be helpful - while it applies to ductwork, the same principles apply to pipe. Check it out and let me know what you think. Here's the link: http://mep-cad.blogspot.com/2013/01/getting-in-flow-with-revit-hvac.html

PS - your later link on deleting the system is novel, hadn't seen that soluton before - nicely done!

Let me know if this helps - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
wils02
in reply to: dbutts7

Thanks David for the reply. I actually have referenced your site many times, its one of the better written ones out there. I was quite frustrated at the level of mystery behind piping system at the time, but since I wrote that "How To:" I have been doing much better.

Again thanks for the reply!

Sincerely,

Jared

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report