Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separation of Piping Systems

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
IMCornish
848 Views, 2 Replies

Separation of Piping Systems

How do you stop one piping system, where it connects to another, from changing the identity of the later to its own?  For instance I have two foul water systems, the first being above ground, within a dwelling having a vertical pipe which connects with the second, below ground system. They both have differing pipe types but share the same pipe segments.  Should the segments be different?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asommer
in reply to: IMCornish

You can split the pipe with a union between them, but they will take on the same system.  To separate these, you would have to copy a union and un-link the connectors.  You would need this at every change of system.

Message 3 of 3
IMCornish
in reply to: asommer

This sounds complicated to me and far from being a 'real world' situation.  However, I have solved the situation by ensuring that each adjoining system has a different pipe segment type.  Previously this was not the case and therefore it would appear that the segment would inherit the adjoining systems identity.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report