Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Adjusting RME Families?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lotta.johannesson
512 Views, 2 Replies

Self Adjusting RME Families?

Hello!

I have a family creation problem that I never seem to understand. In Revit MEP's own library there are some components that adjust itself according to the host - a duct f.ex.

How can I create theese families on my own? What is it that makes them self adjust?

Is it the parameter flow configuration? In Revit they are set to global, if I do the same and don't get the same result.

Should I have a txt-file (the RME families don't have it). I think I have tried everything.

Do anyone have an answer? I would be so happy!

Thx, Lotta

Fell in love with Revit in 2008.

Don't forget: Kudos and Solutions!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I think that the main reason is:-

The size parameters linked to the connectors have their Discipline set to either Piping or HVAC and their type of parameter set to either Pipe Size or Duct Size (respectively).

Try making a rectangular box (as a pretend Attenuator) with L, W, H parameters and add parameters to the dimensions. However rather than making the W & H parameters normal length types, make them as listed above. Don't forget to make the family category "Duct Accessory" and the Part Type "Breaks Into". That should work fine.

Another aspect which may influence this is what Part Type is selected in the Family Category.

The text file used by some RME families is a catalogue and is just another way of containing all the values used by the parameters to determine the sizes in the families and their types. I allows you to only load a selected number of family types rather than loading ecery type contained in a family if the dimensions use look-up tables, etc.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3

Thank you so much for your quick replay. I'll try this at once...on monday Smiley Happy

//Lotta

Fell in love with Revit in 2008.

Don't forget: Kudos and Solutions!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report