Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select All Instances

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
2867 Views, 5 Replies

Select All Instances

In my project I used for pipes of various diameters,For example 40-60-65-100-150 and ...

When I want to of all sizes to select 150(The method ,Right click, then select all the Instances) All pipe sizes selected.

Select All istances.jpg

In case I needed to choose the size of 150.

So I of Schedule This problem was resolved.

Now my question is that

Is my method correct? Is it easier or more accurate and quicker methods are available?

Such as picture below:

Select All istances-2.jpg

Select All istances-3.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

I believe that you are essentially correct.

To Select All Instances in Project

If you wish to select all instances of a specific diameter of Pipe, create a Schedule View with appropriate Filters (i.e. Diameter, Type), disable "Itemize Every Instance", click on the one line of data, and click "Highlight in Model" on the Ribbon. That will select all elements that fit the Schedule's Filters.

To Select All Instance in View

Another method would be to use a View Filter - set the Filter rules to "Diameter does not equal X" where X is the desired Size. Now this View Filter can exist harmlessly in any View, and you simply go to V/G Overrides and disable the visibility for that View Filter to hide all of the Pipes you don't want to see, and then turn it back on afterwards. You can create a 3D View that shows the entire Project and apply this method to the entire project.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: CoreyDaun

hi

thanks for your answer

I'm using the first method,But the latter did not know and Do you have a comment, But unfortunately I can not control the diameter analog display.

If you can explain more.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

I have attached a short video demonstrating these methods. As mentioned in another thread, you are having issues with the Pipe Diameter not displaying on the Pipe Schedule, but this should work regardless of that.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6

hi

Thanks for your good response.

Completely realized.

Message 6 of 6
aonimoha

Hello,

I work with Revit MEP and I have a suggestion. It would be nice if it was possible to 'Select All Instances' contain within a room and have the option of selecting all instances within more than one room. This will speed up the process of circuiting multiple devices.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report