Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sections and their depths

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
384 Views, 2 Replies

sections and their depths

've had that issue come up at times too.  I also have other issues with sections and the inconsistancey of them.  One, after i place the section and change the view depth and width, i have two separate outputs from Revit.  It just depends on Revit's mood as to which i'll get.  the first is the default view.  the second pic is when i go to change the width, the arrow head and end peice doesnt move with the grip box.  the third pic shows it moving with the grip box.  some days it does this correctly, others it doesnt.  is there a setting for this?

1.JPG         2.jpg        3.jpg

my second issue is: After i create the section on example; 3rd floor, the height of the section in the section view varies.  most of the time, it shows the height bottom down to the 1st floor and the top height abv.  My current project, the arch has the 1st flr level starting at 215'-0".  When i place a section, the height bottom starts at 0'-0".   Its extremely annoying to have a small section on my section floor and the view zoomed out far because it is starting 200'-0" away from the top.

4.JPGthe attachment shows this screen shot a little larger.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

On your first question.....great question. Who knows.

Dont you love it when you cut a section and the far clip offset extends past your model to the extends of the grids.

The last issue your having is because your default levels were originally at a lower elevation, say 0,0"

If you link in an Arch model and there Levels are at 100' the grid lines will propagate all the way down to the original lowest level.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jrobker

I figured when the section views were automatically going to extents, that was another "undocumented feature" of Revit MEP. There must be a way to set that up in "settings", isn't there?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report