Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section line visibility

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Elvis_DDA
253 Views, 3 Replies

Section line visibility

Hi all,

I have drawn a section line in a view to place on a sheet and it has appeared on every view of that part of the building. Is there a way of hiding this line in all other views, rather than going into every view and "hide in view"? I have tried to put it on a workset, but it's greyed out and can't be done.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jrobker
in reply to: Elvis_DDA

I don't believe you can. Sections are not families they are views, so you cannot create subcatagories and use filters to control visibility. I usually hide them in view.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 4
ekuz

While they must be manually hidden to not see them on your screen, there is a toggle to "Hide unreferenced views" in the print setup dialog, so that sections not placed on sheets wont print, even if you do see them on your screen.
Message 4 of 4
simon.whitbread

There is another way, you can in fact create an instance parameter for 'VIEWS' (whether is a 'project' or 'shared' parameter its up to you).
A filter can be created to control visibility, and that can be added to view templates. This could be applied to project stages or zones.
You could also use the phasing tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report