Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

section cut question

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Paul-s
1010 Views, 6 Replies

section cut question

Hello,

There are times when I cut a section, the top of view range or clip planes just shoots up.

Is there a way to control this.

section-vr.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Paul-s

You can't control the default, really - I always have it shoot clear across the building. What I do is right after I create the Section (and while it's still selected), I change the "Far Clip Offset" under Properties to 10', which bring it back the general area.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Paul-s
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CADastrophe,

>I change the "Far Clip Offset" under Properties to 10'

Thank you..Thank you!!.

Message 4 of 7
troystockwell
in reply to: Paul-s

This is the best way for sure. I was hoping that there would be a default for this in the view template but alas there is not.
Message 5 of 7
AJA14
in reply to: troystockwell

Hi,

There are 3 types of Sections in Revit (Building Section, Wall Section, Detail Section). If you use the Detail Section the Far Clip will not shoot off and it becomes easier when you want to control the crop region of the section itself.

Just an idea.

regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: AJA14

Hi Ali,

That functionality may not be available in Revit MEP. Can you post a screenshot of what you're referring to?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
adam.jw
in reply to: CoreyDaun

How would a View Type change the far clip offset? Unless you were tieing that View Type to a View Template? (which by the way, can make creating sections VERY slow, if you have crazy visibility graphic overrides associated with the View Template as you're creating the section(

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report