Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope-box annotation crop

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
WheelerCJ
3985 Views, 7 Replies

Scope-box annotation crop

Hello,

I have created a couple of scope boxes that cut through some gridlines. The gridlines are shown around the scope box which is what I want but I can't seem to be able to control their offset without manually dragging the the grid down in each view.

The grid 'circle' seems to follow the scopebox annotation crop, where is the setting to change this but also if I drag the annotation crop the grid circle doesnt move 😞

annotation crop dashed;

g.JPG

Sheet problem;

Page.JPG

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

The default offset of the Annotative Crop Region and the default offset of the Grid Heads are not actually associated, and those default offsets you see  happen to be the same. There is no setting to control these default to my knowledge, but I would suggest searching the Revit Architecture forums JIC.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
WheelerCJ
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for that, bit annoying really but I've moved the view down, it's only half a dozen sheets or so.

How can I turn off the gridlines from the Arch Revit model? I have a copy/monitor in place so have my gridlines sittingon top but in places the gridline linetype doesnt show well because the arch line is underneath.

Message 4 of 8
WheelerCJ
in reply to: WheelerCJ

Gridlines in Arch model sorted via VG in template (host view - custom).

Message 5 of 8
justmark75
in reply to: CoreyDaun

We need a user accessible setting for the offset from the scope box for column grid lines in a linked model. Copy monitor is not an option due to the structural linked model having to change column locations/grid lines often during design. creating extra work and/or inconsistency.

Message 6 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: justmark75

Good luck with that one. There's nothing that can be controlled like that in a linked model. You would have a better chance getting dedicated views in the structural model.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 8
justmark75
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks Rob. It's more a setting to adjust how far the linked models column lines extend past the scope box of the active model. It already must have some code to crop the linked grid according to the scope area. It looks like it's approx. 1" offset given the scale of the view. It's been years and column lines in our MEP models still take up way more hours than they deserve.
Message 8 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: justmark75

I don't disagree with you in wasted time with column lines but this forum and this thread are not the place for feature requests and complaints. This is a user help forum. Those types of things die here.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report