Valued Contributor
57 Posts
4 Kudos
Post 1 of 6
Accepted Solution

Scheduling Air Flow for Mechanical equipment

344 Views, 5 Replies
02-21-2014 07:11 AM

I built a generic air handling unit with a flow parameter (Supply Air CFM).  I linked my flow from my duct connector to Supply Air CFM in the family.  When I load the airhandler into a project and add it to a system with air terminals the schedule shows 0 CFM but the system browser shows the correct CFM.  The schedule is looking at Supply Air CFM.  Any Idea what I am doing wrong?

I've received your Project file via email. I see that when I initially open your Project, the Air Flow on the Mechanical Schedule does indeed read 0 CFM. However, as soon as I changed the CFM of one of the Air Terminals, the value was updated correctly on the Mechanical Schedule. Furthermore, when I created a new system, the CFM value or the new AHU reported correctly, and it only read 0 CFM prior to being connected to the system.

I would say that if you are experiencing somthing different than I am, make sure that you have all of the software service packs and fixes for Revit MEP 2012 installed.

*Expert Elite*
3,480 Posts
998 Kudos
Post 2 of 6

Re: Scheduling Air Flow for Mechanical equipment

02-21-2014 07:39 AM in reply to: mmcglone

Would you be able to post the Family file here? Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
57 Posts
4 Kudos
Post 3 of 6

02-21-2014 08:04 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I am just trying to get my schedules to propagate so it is basically just a box with connectors but it is attached.

*Expert Elite*
3,480 Posts
998 Kudos
Post 4 of 6

02-21-2014 08:27 AM in reply to: mmcglone

I have placed your Family into a new Revit 2012 Project and connected it to some Air Terminals, and it appears to work properly. If you place this Family into a new Project and it works as expected there, then the problem lies within the current Project. Would you be able to post a sample of your Project file here? If you cannot get it small enough, send me a Private Message and I've give you my email address.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
3,480 Posts
998 Kudos
Post 5 of 6

02-21-2014 09:45 AM in reply to: mmcglone

I've received your Project file via email. I see that when I initially open your Project, the Air Flow on the Mechanical Schedule does indeed read 0 CFM. However, as soon as I changed the CFM of one of the Air Terminals, the value was updated correctly on the Mechanical Schedule. Furthermore, when I created a new system, the CFM value or the new AHU reported correctly, and it only read 0 CFM prior to being connected to the system.

I would say that if you are experiencing somthing different than I am, make sure that you have all of the software service packs and fixes for Revit MEP 2012 installed.

Valued Contributor
57 Posts
4 Kudos
Post 6 of 6

02-21-2014 09:49 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I believe the issue is that I had the schedule adding the parameter to the family with the check box in the schedule.  When I unchecked it then deleted the family and reloaded it it worked correctly.  Thanks.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post