Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Air Flow for Mechanical equipment

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mmcglone
2334 Views, 5 Replies

Scheduling Air Flow for Mechanical equipment

I built a generic air handling unit with a flow parameter (Supply Air CFM).  I linked my flow from my duct connector to Supply Air CFM in the family.  When I load the airhandler into a project and add it to a system with air terminals the schedule shows 0 CFM but the system browser shows the correct CFM.  The schedule is looking at Supply Air CFM.  Any Idea what I am doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mmcglone

Would you be able to post the Family file here? Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
mmcglone
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am just trying to get my schedules to propagate so it is basically just a box with connectors but it is attached.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

I have placed your Family into a new Revit 2012 Project and connected it to some Air Terminals, and it appears to work properly. If you place this Family into a new Project and it works as expected there, then the problem lies within the current Project. Would you be able to post a sample of your Project file here? If you cannot get it small enough, send me a Private Message and I've give you my email address.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

I've received your Project file via email. I see that when I initially open your Project, the Air Flow on the Mechanical Schedule does indeed read 0 CFM. However, as soon as I changed the CFM of one of the Air Terminals, the value was updated correctly on the Mechanical Schedule. Furthermore, when I created a new system, the CFM value or the new AHU reported correctly, and it only read 0 CFM prior to being connected to the system.

I would say that if you are experiencing somthing different than I am, make sure that you have all of the software service packs and fixes for Revit MEP 2012 installed.

Message 6 of 6
mmcglone
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I believe the issue is that I had the schedule adding the parameter to the family with the check box in the schedule.  When I unchecked it then deleted the family and reloaded it it worked correctly.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report