Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
balddude
171 Views, 2 Replies

Schedules

How do I combine three parameters (in a shared property set) into one column on a schedule?  Each of the manufacturers and catalog numbers are text parameters.  In AutoCAD MEP, I was able to use a formula to combine them into one column, but I haven't been able to make that work in Revit.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: balddude

This is not currently possible in Schedules. The best you could do is enter the values as one Parameter like:

"XXXXX                         YYYYY                        ZZZZZ"

The line will be broken and wrap when the excessive amount of spaces are. This is not a good solution, so I recommend using the link below to voice your concerns. This link is frequently provided by Autodesk personnel around here.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: balddude

In a project I had to do something similar. One family several types and several possible manufacturers for each type.

I ended up with a schedules like this, which was sufficient for my project.

Schedules.PNG

Above screenshot is a schedule of one family (Troffer Light 1) with two family types (A & B).

However it takes quite some work to get to this.

Basically, within the family I nested three instances of a dummy family (containing the manufacturer/model data)

Maybe this would be sufficient for your project. And it dpeends a lot on how many you would have to do.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report