Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Quantities

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Richie535
433 Views, 6 Replies

Schedule Quantities

Hello,

I am trying to create a simple Quantity Schedule.  I want this schedule to total up the connected VA of each load classification in a project.  I have the fields selected correctly I think,  (Load Classification, Apparent Load) it's just when I go to Sorting/Grouping and uncheck "itemize ever instance" that my "Apparent Load" in the new schedule is blank.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

If I need to create a new parameter that totals up each VA in the different load classifications I would appreciate help on how to do that as well.  

I've attached some screen captures.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Richie535
in reply to: Richie535

Also I forgot to mention I created the schedule using "Electrical Circuits".

Message 3 of 7
CoreyDaun

Well first off, if you total the load of all of the circuits, it's not going to be accurate because it will see ALL of the circuits, including Panel to Panel. Example:

Receps 1000 ┐  (Schedule counts 3000)                              (Schedule counts another 3000)

Lighting 1000 ├────────────────► Branch Panel ────────────────────► Distribution Panel

Motors 1000  ┘                                                                        (Schedule total becomes 6000)

I don't think there is a good way to accomplish this without having a separate schedule for each Category.

If its not a moot point, now, your total looks like it may be counting the number of circuits. Under the Formatting Tab, select the load field and check the box for Calculate Totals.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 7
Richie535

Create a schedule for each load classification?

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

For each Category (i.e. Light FIxtures, Electrical Fixtures).

An alternative would be to add a Project Parameter for Electrical Circuits named "Ignored by Schedule" as as yes/no instance parameter. You could then have the schedule ignore these circuits (via Filter tab), but you'll have to go and mark each and every circuit that is to be ignored. Loads of fun.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Richie535

I really would like it to total each load classification.  Do you know if it would be possible to create a parameter that ignores certain circuits from certain panels?  Like you mentioned before it would double the load from a distribution panel, unless I told it to ignore that circuit by a parameter?

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun

That would the the alternate method listed above. OR, maybe you can "Panel" to the schedule (Hidden Field) and create a filter to omit circuits with a Panel that "does not contain" [input a common naming component such as "DP"].

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report