Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Filters

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
asommer
627 Views, 4 Replies

Schedule Filters

I have a "Duct Accessory Schedule" and I want to FILTER OUT all items but my "FD" (Fire Damper Type).  I go to the filter tab, but the only category I can apply a filter to is "Size".  It is the same problem on Pipe Types.  I don't see why it wouldn't let me do this, even if I am trying to filter out "Types".

Does anyone know what the issue is?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
embolisim
in reply to: asommer

I get that too, you can sort by Type but not filter by Type 😮

Its a special feature I think.

...normally I resort to filtering by Type Mark.

Message 3 of 5
asommer
in reply to: embolisim

I saw that!  Now I have to change all my tags.  YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

What if you create a yes/no project parameter to filter by, then select all your FD types and check the box? Manual work, but it might be a way.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Chris.Aquino

The behavior you are seeing is as designed. Basically to be able to show any family and types in the filter drop down, Revit would have to show all families and types in the project regardless of what you are scheduling. To avoid confusion, the ability to filter some schedules by family and types not available.

We understand that this may not be the preferred workflow, but this is an issue that has been logged with our Development group who may look at changing the behavior in the future.

If you would like to add your own comments, this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report