Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule filter question?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
revitworkbench
4843 Views, 12 Replies

Schedule filter question?

Is there a way to create a schedule in revit of only selected items? There was a change directive in one of my projects and I want to only schedule the additions due to the change directive, but they consist of many categories and even levels. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitworkbench

As long as there is some means of differentiating those elements, such as a Parameter value. You can use the Filter tab within the Schedule Views Properties to define the criteria by which elements are included/excluded.

If you wish to list elements from multiple Categories, you can do so by creating a Multi-Category Schedule. However, the available Fields to pick from are vastly more limited than Category-specific schedules.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 13

Yeah, but not just to be able to select the things you want, and schedule them? Its tedious to go back and try to modify everything so that it is different in some way.

Message 4 of 13
CoreyDaun

There has to be an logical foundation to an "I want this" statement in order for Revit to obey, so having something like specific rooms in which all of the elements should be scheduled would be good. If the elements are scattered, you're best bet may be to place an "X" under the Comments field for those particular elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 13
revitworkbench
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Right, I understand that. I was just hoping that having things selected (highlighted) would be enough logic for revit to schedule them. Like if you highlight a bunch of random stuff, you can hit the delete button and it goes away. In my opinion there should be a schedule selected button (or option) 

Message 6 of 13
CoreyDaun

I get what you're talking about - I've wished I had such a thing so I could quickly estimate electrical loads among devices before committing to the arduous task of assigning them to circuits. Anyway, the closest you're going to come to that is what I mentioned previously: select the elements and add a value to the Comments Parameter to all of them at once, and then create a Schedule that Filters out anything that doesn't have "X" for Comments. That pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

Message 7 of 13
LorenzoVerde

It doesn't work for nested families. I'm using families composed by commercial components already assembled.

I need to count the commercial families nested inside the hosts families. If I modify the Comments parameter, this will modify only the host families and not the nested.. Have I been clear?

Message 8 of 13
CoreyDaun
in reply to: LorenzoVerde

Those nested component Families would have to be marked as "Shared", which is accessible in the Family Editor under the Family Category and Parameters dialog. Here is a (hopefully) helpful entry from Revit Help:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-377AA649-AE44-4F1E-A588-1C9590D005F4

Message 9 of 13

They are shared families.. if not they don't appear in the schedule..
Problem is that when I select the families to edit the parameter the selection filter show me only the host families and not those are nested..
Message 10 of 13
CoreyDaun

You should be able to TAB+Select the nested, shared families individually and access their properties that way. Using CTRL to add elements in conjunction with TAB to cycle through nested elements is a little tedious, but it'll work.

If you don't want to have to do this, you can open the host family in the Family Editor, select the nested Family, and link the desired parameter to a parameter in the host family (you will likely have to create a new Shared, Instance Parameter for this task). For example, you can select three nested components in a family and under properties, you can click the grey button on the right of the custom parameter and link it to the same custom parameter in the host (via the following dialog). In the project environment, if you then enter a value for this parameter for the element and the value will automatically be applied to the nested families as well.

Message 11 of 13
fabiosato

Hello,

You can link a instance parameter of the nested families to a parameter of the same type from the host.

Sem título.png

In this case the nested family will get the value from the host component.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
LorenzoVerde

I know + TAB select .. but for Hundreds of families it's too much effort ..

Message 13 of 13
LorenzoVerde
in reply to: fabiosato

About linking istance parameter.. in this way, instead It could work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report