Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
%4seasons%
Message 1 of 2 (327 Views)
Accepted Solution

Scale Detail Item to Host Object

327 Views, 1 Replies
08-27-2013 05:49 AM

I am creating a detail item to represent the top view of the object on the host drawing. My problem is when I load the detail item to the host drawing, I cannot change the size of the detail item to match the object on the host drawing. How can I link the dimensions from the detail item to the host drawing? Any favourable response will be much appreciated.

You would have to build the Detail Item Family with Parametric capabilities, involving Parameters and Dimensional Constraints. Once this Family is loaded into a Host Family, the value of these Parameters (the one belonging to Nested Family) can be tied to the Value of Parameter in the Host Family; Select the instance of the Nested Family and you will see a small gray button to the right of these Parameters under Properties (or Type Properties). Click on that and choose from the following list the Parameter in which to link it to.

If you need any more assistance, don't hesitate to ask!

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (318 Views)

Re: Scale Detail Item to Host Object

08-27-2013 07:39 AM in reply to: %4seasons%

You would have to build the Detail Item Family with Parametric capabilities, involving Parameters and Dimensional Constraints. Once this Family is loaded into a Host Family, the value of these Parameters (the one belonging to Nested Family) can be tied to the Value of Parameter in the Host Family; Select the instance of the Nested Family and you will see a small gray button to the right of these Parameters under Properties (or Type Properties). Click on that and choose from the following list the Parameter in which to link it to.

If you need any more assistance, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.