Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Detail Item to Host Object

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
%4seasons%
5805 Views, 5 Replies

Scale Detail Item to Host Object

I am creating a detail item to represent the top view of the object on the host drawing. My problem is when I load the detail item to the host drawing, I cannot change the size of the detail item to match the object on the host drawing. How can I link the dimensions from the detail item to the host drawing? Any favourable response will be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: %4seasons%

You would have to build the Detail Item Family with Parametric capabilities, involving Parameters and Dimensional Constraints. Once this Family is loaded into a Host Family, the value of these Parameters (the one belonging to Nested Family) can be tied to the Value of Parameter in the Host Family; Select the instance of the Nested Family and you will see a small gray button to the right of these Parameters under Properties (or Type Properties). Click on that and choose from the following list the Parameter in which to link it to.

If you need any more assistance, don't hesitate to ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
sonicer
in reply to: CoreyDaun

What about if I have 2D tree in autocad and import to revit to detail item ...and explode....there is no possibility make scale of this tree with parameter.

???? group revit lines of tree and scale dont work also cant add scale as parameter :(((

Thx...

Message 4 of 6
laurasmagin
in reply to: sonicer

Here is an old blog, but this will explain a couple of methods in plain English.

Good luck!

https://revitswat.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/class-34-s-m-l-xl-how-to-scale-a-family/

Give me Kudos or mark as a solution if this helps
Regards
Laura
Message 5 of 6
sonicer
in reply to: laurasmagin

thx..

but it work only for 3D family...

I am talking about 2D symbols.....details item... 2D tree created as lines ...

attached files revit 2014...with tree....You can show me how to scale this tree.

THX.

Message 6 of 6
TueKappel_
in reply to: %4seasons%

OOPS, i was to fast in responding. The below method doesn't work (it does in the family, not in a project). Probably because the scale factor is a type property.

If you don't explode the CAD import, you can use the scale factor:2020-06-25_1157.png2020-06-25_1158.png

-You just need to know the length of the CAD geometry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report