Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same pllumbing fittings display differently (not annotations setting)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
lfazio
1051 Views, 10 Replies

Same pllumbing fittings display differently (not annotations setting)

Does anybody know why all of a sudden plumbing fittings start showing up differently?  This has happened in several release verisions of MEP that I have worked in, 'Use annotation scale' is the same (off), same size fittings, same family.  All appears to be the same yet it begins to display differently.  See attatchments

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lfazio

Regarding the first image: What does it look like at Detail Level: Fine?

And the second Image: Is the smaller one somehow between two pipe transitions? What does it look like if a new one is place in the line?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 11
lfazio
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Here is how it looks at fine.

Here is a new fitting.

It seems Revit suddenly changes.  This has happened many times.

Message 4 of 11
CoreyDaun

So is it almost as if the "Nominal Radius" parameter stopped automatically inheriting the size of the pipe? You said that this has happened before - does this behavior correct itself if Revit is restarted? What version of Revit are you running currently? Sorry for answering with more questions, but I can't get it to misbehave like that, nor have I seen that before...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
lfazio
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Nominal Radius:  I don't think so.  It is the same size (2") as the pipe it going on (4") and as other fittings (2"r, 4" d).  Again, they display differently.

I don't think a reset does anything.  This positivelyis the second day in this recent instance it i happening, and it is at two different users (second day also).

Currently running 2012 (64 bit).  I know this has happened before.  I'm sure that was 2011 of 2010.

Another problem that seems to all of sudden occur is that and elbow wants to offset an endpoint and make the line crooked.  (Post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Elbows-will-not-connect/td-p/3393191)

Message 6 of 11
julianjameson8403

I am assuming that all the pipes are from the same pipe type with the same pipe fittings and that the "dodgy fitting" is connected to the 4" pipe run.

What was your process for modelling the connection - was it connecting the 2" pipe into the 4" pipe or did you select a 2" pipe and model from the 4" using the inherit elevation tool? Try both ways and see which one gets the right result.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 7 of 11
lfazio
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Assumptions correct.

First I used the trim/extend 2" into the 4".  I have also tried right clicking on the 4" and 'creating similar' which draws another 4" off of the main.  Same results.  I don't know what the iherit elevation tool is unless you mean match properties.  The elevations are the same for all parts

Message 8 of 11
julianjameson8403

When you select the pipe tool to model piping, a contextual tab appears with options to "connect automatically", "Inherit pipe size", Inherit pipe elevation, "slope" etc.

Is the piping sloped or level?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 9 of 11
lfazio

Thanks.  Pipe is level

Message 10 of 11
lfazio

Here is another clip.  I believe this problem and my other post are related.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Elbows-will-not-connect/td-p/3393191

A new phenomenon has occured. After trying to fillet the pipes, the same error still happening, line endpoint is shifted, most of the time the msg. comes up 'Cannot connect. Too sharp of angle', I could not even straighten out the line.  It kept on flipping to either side of the 'ortho' line.  Elevation endpoints are the same, slope says 0.  It eventually straightened.  Still I cannot normally put in an elbow; I just have to draw the lines close up to each other. 

Message 11 of 11
lfazio

The lookuptable path ws not right in the ini file.  Thanks all for helping

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report