Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Multiple Versions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gafford
327 Views, 3 Replies

Running Multiple Versions

I am currently running Revit MEP 2009 and received 2010 several months back. My question is - is it possible to install 2010 and keep 2009 on my machine at the same time? Or, when you install the new version - does it 'overwrite' the old?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asommer
in reply to: gafford

I have and use both. I believe the update from 2008 to 2009 was an Uninstall of 2008.
Message 3 of 4
Jrobker

Since the software isn't backward compatible, you have to keep the older versions.
You have to use the exact version of the Arch.
It will not overwrite.
"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 4 of 4
gafford

Thanks!

That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure before I attempted to get our IT department to install the new version. I work for a manufacturing firm where I create revit families of our products for end users. Hence, this is why it's so important to me to keep the older version. But, at the same time, I would like to be able to get used to the newer version before I have to rely solely on it. I've only seen 2010 - but the difference 'looks wise' - remindes me of upgrading for Microsoft Office 97-03 to 2007... Yikes! 🙂

Thanks again!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report