Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

round to rectangular tee family

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ceyhunyuzuak
1021 Views, 4 Replies

round to rectangular tee family

Hello Everybody;

Summary of the problem: M_Round to Rectangular Tee - Transition family, that i load from library, is not visible in the duct type properties / routing preferences / junction while preferred junction is either tee or tap and diameter option is not available for this family when I multiselect the duct and tee together to size.

I am new here. I have tried to solve my problems reading the instructions, watching the tutorial videos till now. they helped me so much to improve my skills but now I have a specific problem I guess. I am trying to connect a rectangular exhaust grill into a round duct. At first I thought tap would help me but tap does not split the duct, so flow in the main duct become "multiple values" which means i have to split it myself if I use it. So I wanted to use round to rectangular tee that I found in the us metric library (Libraries\US Metric\Duct\Fittings\Multi-Shape\Tees\M_Round to Rectangular Tee - Transition) but I could not make it visible in the duct type properties whatever I do. I have never faced a problem like this till now. moreover this family is not available to size when I multiselect it with a round duct. I wanted to make duct and the family same diameter but there was no diameter parameter in the properties and the modify bar. then I tried to modify "round to round tee" family, that works perfectly, to create round to rectangular family. I loaded the ractangular profile for the sweep i entered the width and height parameter as instence an made them duct connector parameter also. it worked well but there was no diameter thing again and it was not visible in the duct type properties / junction.

In fact even if I can make it visible in the duct type properties I would need to size it with the ducts. So sorry for that long question but I thought if I tell what I have done more efficient answer I would get..

Have a nice day.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ceyhunyuzuak

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I'll start with two counter-questions:

#1 - Would you be able to attach the .rfa file for the Family in question?

#2 - What version/release of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
ceyhunyuzuak
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am using Revit 2014 (Build 20130308_1515(x64)) but I have tried in Revit 2013 (Build 20120221_2030(x64)), result is the same.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ceyhunyuzuak

It appears that all of the Duct Connectors have to be of the same shape in order for it to appear as a default fitting under Routing Preferences; if you change the one rectangular Connector to round, it miraculously appears. Since it's a kinda like a "special application" then, you'll have to use this Duct Fitting manually unless you want Revit to employ a standard Tee accompanied by a Multi-Shape Transition.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
ceyhunyuzuak
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the reply. I would expect all the library families are compatible with Revit that Revit supplies. if you have any advise instead of using it manually, I would like to hear.
Have a nice day..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report