Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round duct tap into rectangular duct at 45 deg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
advandes
2219 Views, 5 Replies

Round duct tap into rectangular duct at 45 deg

Is it possible to connect a 10" dia duct into the side of a 40"X10" duct with the 10" dia at 45 deg...In the real world this is very common. Why does it seem impossible in Revits world? Uhgggg again....
AAG
Advance Design
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
albert.diaz
in reply to: advandes

I was able to connect a 10" round to the side of 40"x10" duct. I used the "Round Duct: Taps" duct style. It has the "Round Duct Takeoff" tap set as the fitting. See the attached image.
Message 3 of 6
advandes

That's great . I can do that too. What about placing the fitting at 45 degrees?
AAG
Advance Design
Message 4 of 6
advandes

Sorry for the sarcastic remark.....buti s the tap actualy connected to the the duct?
AAG
Advance Design
Message 5 of 6
albert.diaz

Yes, the tap is actually connected to the duct. I moved the 40"x10" duct up and down to check if the 10" round would move with it and yes it did. It doesn't look all that great but it works. I tried attaching the rvt file but it is too large. If you would like, I can email it to you.
Message 6 of 6
tblack_pe

This is where experience comes into play.  Revit is a software package with a lot of powerful tools, however, Revit is NOT intelligent.  You may be able to attach the duct in Revit, but in general the tap should be two (2) inched smaller that the dimension of the rectangular duct.  For example if you need to make a 10" dia. tap in to a rectangular duct the rectangular duct dimension where the hole is made should be 12" minimum.  If the need arises this can be done but creates a leakage problem as the system ages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report