Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round & Degree Text Symbols

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
thombrady
6099 Views, 5 Replies

Round & Degree Text Symbols

Does anyone know how to add the symbols I mentioned in the header? It was simple in ACAD, percent percent something, I can't remember... been REVITIZED I guess.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: thombrady

Inserting symbols into Revit is a pain - you have to copy/paste or use the Keystroke, which can be found under your Character Map.

text in         input in

Symbol     AutoCAD         Revit   

°               %%D         ALT+0176

Ø               %%C         ALT+0216

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
abulla
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I've also found that you can override dimension text (shhhhh, it's for details) by copying and pasting the ' and " symbols from the character map.

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: abulla

That's great (for details). Just don't let anyone from the Architecture forum know...

I've used these symbols to do that in the past:   

ʼ  ˮ

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
mmcglone
in reply to: thombrady

Remember that when you use the ALT codes you have to use the number pad.  The numbers on top of the letter key's won't work.

Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mmcglone

AND...It doesn't matter whether or not you have Number Lock turned on - it works even if it's turned off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report