Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation parameter horizontal and vertical

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jrooker06
3014 Views, 2 Replies

Rotation parameter horizontal and vertical

I am creating a new family of a speaker. I was able to make the speaker rotate from vertical to horizontal with great success, now i am trying to add instance parameters to the speaker where i can angle the speaker in the direction i want. but when i try to add the constraints all i get is an error or my reference line moves instead of the object. can anyone help with this problem? I have attached the revit family along with two PDFs to help show what i am trying to accomplish.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Jrooker06

Without going into a lot of detail, the best method of create multi-axis rotating Families is to use Nested Families. First, model the geometry in a Family. Second, load that Family into another and create the rotational constraints for one axis. Finally, load that Family into yet another and then create the rotational constraints for the other axis. All parameters from the nested Families should be "strung through" to the host, meaning that each of the Parameters from the nested Family should be linked to Parameters in the host Family.

If you run into trouble and cannot find any useful guides on the web, just post back here and I'll try to find something.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: Jrooker06

The site www.planta1.com helped me a lot te first time. Describes creating a family with rotation around three axis.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report