Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation parameter for "floor" family

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jarrad27
428 Views, 1 Reply

Rotation parameter for "floor" family

I have attached a floor grating family that I created. It allows me to "stretch" the family to the extents of the area I want the grating to be. Once in a while I have a scenario where a walkway would be on an incline. Is it possible to take my existing family, and add a rotation to it?

I did some research and added a "rotation angle" dimension paramter to the family, but I can not align, lock, or "attach" my geometry to the refernce line used in the rotation angle dimension parameter. 

Is this able to be done, or is it a lost cause?

Thank you in advance for any assistance in this matter.

Jarrad27

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: jarrad27

It is possible. However it depends a little bit how you want to use your grating in th eproject.

You could make your grating as a face based family. If you then attach it to a object (or workplane) that is sloped it should work.

If you want to make it as a more standalone object you could use a rotation parameter.

Then what you would do is the following.

Make the grating family workplane based (and "always vertical" set to off)

Nest his family in a new family (also workplane based). This new family should have a reference line with a rotation parameter.

Set the workplane of the nested grating family to the reference line and lock it.

It is even possible to add more rotation axis if needed see this LINK for information how to go through the process

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report