Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotated font off center

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
265 Views, 2 Replies

Rotated font off center

I'm having an issue in Revit MEP 2014. We use Arial Narrow as our standard font and anytime it needs to be rotated, the text goes off centered [See attached].

We don't run into it often, but every now and then we get a project with walls that aren't at right angles and anything that needs to be hosted to that wall with text in it runs into this problem and it makes our drawings look less than desirable. 

Has there been any solution to this? I rather not make a ton of extra families that are only to be used on walls that aren't right angles where the text is just bumped up into the center of the symbol box.

Thanks!

-Steven

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

And welcome to Revit's terrible font control! As you know, rotating fonts in Revit does not work well. For this reason, I create the characters with Lines as separate Generic Annotation Families, and then load them into the host Generic Annotation Family (the enclosing box, generally). This allows for better constraining and rotational control, at the cost of a little manual labor to create the letter families.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the quick reply!

I figured it would take some sort of silliness to get it to work. I'll pass this along and we may put that into the queue of things to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report